Free Online Tutoring for Elementary Student (Grades 5 - 8).
Free Online Tutoring Program
YRPH’s free online tutoring program will commence July 5th, 2021 to coincide with student’s summer holidays with following terms scheduled as follows:
Weekly schedule: Start with grades 5 – 8 for the first term and will expand to grades 3 – 4 following:
4:15 PM – 5:00 PM
Note: each class will be held 2 times a week and each class will accommodate 5 to 7 students.
Online curriculum that has lessons completed, so there is minimal preparation time for tutors.
Language – https://ca.ixl.com/
Math – https://www.khanacademy.org/
- College/University students in Language/History programs for Language tutors and Math/Engineering programs for Math tutors or adults with online tutoring experience.
- “If you are interested in becoming a tutor, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org“.
- Apply through online
- Initial interview by the tutoring coordinator with the parent and student:
- Confirm/Validate information on the application form
- Understand the need
- Correct placement of class
- Schedule a student and have a tutor contact the parent/student for introduction
- Start tutoring
- Tutor prepares a weekly progress review send to the parent
- At the end of a term, parents are asked to rate the tutors and the tutoring program